2020 National Design and Construction Competition
Download Complete Package
The Construction Industry Round Table has announced the three design challenges for the 2020 competition:
- Water Resource Management and Preservation
- National Pavilion
- Gastronomic Center
The preliminary round will be conducted through the CAC online digital platform. All entries and materials must be entered through this medium so that they can be judged accordingly. The FINAL ROUND will be held in conjunction with the CIRT spring national conference in Washington, DC. TEAMS from ACE Affiliates/Chapters that wish to participate in the national competition must comply with the following time schedule:
- March 3, 2020 – All entries must be OFFICIALLY submitted as required by the CAC online platform process [DEADLINE: is (11:50pm) in your time zone on the 3rd of March].
- March 18, 2020 – Preliminary results will be announced, with Finalists being notified and plans made to bring a representative(s) from each team to Washington, DC.
- April 6, 2020 – Mentors and students will need to have made their hotel reservations in DC. [The finalists will be provided precise hotel/logistical information upon being selected. The stipend will be available for each team to be used to help cover cost to attend the final round based on need, etc. from the requests of the teams].
- April 27, 2020 – Finalists present to the CIRT Panel of Judges. [Exact information on date, time, and place will be provided finalist].
In a very close race for the top prize at the finals of the 2019 CIRT National Design and Construction Competition, the Central Iowa team placed first for an unprecedented second year in a row. Its entry “Unboxed” was submitted in the Play Ground/Scape category.